Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, September 2, 2011

A Testimony of God's Faithfulness

Photo grabbed from google images

Indeed, God once again has shown that His faithfulness with His words proves true.

Few months ago the whole team [at work] received an 'Applause Award' for our performance in the recently concluded project that is based in UK. The award came with a certificate and a cash prize. I was thankful and happy about the thought of  adding it up to our wedding budget.

I never knew at that time that my faith is about to be tested. The following Sunday the pastor has mentioned about raising funds for purchase of the new church location. It was challenging to let go of the money-especially that the wedding cost keeps on puffing out, while our wedding fund is getting drained but I decided to give my cash prize, thinking that God's church deserves it more.

Then a week later my lead told me during our performance discussion that I am promoted to Senior Application Developer from being an Application Developer. I couldn't contain my happiness, especially when I received my salary letter. The money I gave to the church has been tripled (plus 67 SGD na butal..hehe..)! And I'll be receiving the threefold increase monthly by just blessing the Lord once, take that! Really, i never expected that I'll be promoted this soon because I knew that I still have so much stuff to learn, but it was the Lord who made it happen. To thank Him for the blessing, I gave the church the first fruit of my increase. After a month, I was surprised with Jay's news that he also got promoted! What a blissful year for both of us! =)

This has taught me to trust God more. The bible said in Luke 6:38 "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Oh and by the way, Jay is also pretty much happy with his increase *wink*

Truly, when you bless the Lord, He will bless you even more. I give Him all the glory.


2 comments:

  1. God is indeed a merciful God.. and His love for you knows no bounds.. very inspiring sis.. Keep spreading His love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi vien! well-said sis, God's love knows no limits and knows no bounds.. happy preps! =)

    ReplyDelete