Daisypath Wedding tickers

Friday, December 16, 2011

Supplier's Rating: KRIS MATANGUIHAN (Videographer)

I wanted to give a detailed rating to my suppliers attaching their photos during the wedding day. And since the official wedding images are yet to be handed to me by Jay on the 21st, i will start rating our videographer, Kris Matanguihan, first since the output of their service can be readily played online. =)

Kris in action :p


Legend:

5 wands - Exceeds expectation
4 wands - Partially met expectation
3 wands - met expectation
2 wands - needs improvement
1 wand  - we regret that we got their service

Price Tag: Php 23,000 (Regular Price: Php 40,000 - Year 2010 Rate)

Package Inclusion:

Full Wedding Video Coverage

Two (2) 3CCD Widescreen Cameras
Three (3) DVD edited (Cinematic and MTV Style) (approx. 30mins)
Raw Footage in DVD (approx. 4 – 6 hrs.)
SAME-DAY-EDIT (Preparation and Ceremony footage edited and shown at the reception)

Kate Says:

Rating:

5++++++++ WANDS
Highly recommended


We won Kris Matanguihan's Full Wedding Video Coverage in W@W Auction year 2010. Though this was just a 'donation' and we just paid half of the original price, the quality of their work and the customer service Kris has rendered weren't jeopardized.

Before the wedding:

My previous blog about him:
http://jaykatewedding.blogspot.com/2011/02/meeting-with-kris.html
http://jaykatewedding.blogspot.com/2010/11/videographer-found.html

I would occasionally ask Kris for anything about the wedding. He also gave us the liberty to choose for a song in our SDE. I actually changed it 2 times haha! and he was just okay with it. We also felt his concern for us being his client. He would ping me in facebook to ask us about the wedding preparations and he would comment in my facebook countdown status. We really appreciate that he was also excited for the wedding.

Btw we also happened to meet his wife in one of our meetings she was so pleasant and super chika kami. Na-OP sila Jay at Kris. Haha! =)

On the wedding day:

His team arrived at the hotel on time. After introducing them to Atty RF's Team, they rightaway started working. I was 'high' during the preps (haha!) so they would throw me some jokes to make me smile and relax. 

During the processional march of the entourage, I was just standing at one corner of La Castellana's Ballroom hall, where Jay and the rest of the guests couldn't see me. Kris was also there with me taking video and He was actually the last person I talked to before my I walked for my bridal March. Here's how our conversation went:

ME: Krisssssss!!!!

(Kris gave me a high five then went back to his place, about 3 steps away from me then held his camera) 

KRIS: Ang lamig ng kamay mo!
ME: Eeeee kinakabahan ako!
KRIS: This is it!
ME: (Tears attempting to fall)
KRIS: Uyyy iiyak na yan
ME: Ayoko pangit sa video! (hahahah!)

(When it was our secondary sponsors turn to walk, i became more nervous and I wanted to go back to La Castellana's courtesy room to pee! haha! but of course I didn't do it. :p)

ME: Kinakabahan ka din ba nung kinasal ka?
KRIS: Oo naman!
ME: Ganito ba talaga yun?
KRIS: Oo ganyan talaga..
ME: E nakakakaba! Naiiyak na ko!
KRIS: Okay lang yan.

(When it was my turn to walk..)
ME: Kris eto na!!
KRIS: Dahan dahan ka lang sa paglakad para hindi kita patigilin
ME: Ahh talaga papatigilin ako pag mabilis?
KRIS: Hindi joke lang :p

(When Rejectrew played my bridal march, I took a deep breath, wore my smile, looked at my groom and started walking ^^ )

I am thankful that he talked to me before I walked, it helped me keep my sanity. Haha!

Our Same Day Edit:

I loved our SDE!!! I was speechless when it was played during the reception. My friends and family also thought it was great. He and his team were able to capture the 'real us'. I actually brought the cd of our SDE with us in Boracay and kept on playing it the day (and the next day and the days that followed) after our wedding hahaha! Jay and I really marvel at the work of this guy and his team plus they are so humble and very friendly.

You may check the SDE he made for us here:  http://vimeo.com/32487344

After the reception He approached us and asked me when will I fly back to Singapore. He told me he will work on the raw videos so I could bring them with me. He texted me after 5 days telling me that we can already pick them up but unfortunately we were at my home town in Quirino province. We weren't able to pick them up when we came back to Manila because we were already dog-tired and the following day is my scheduled departure so Jay asked me to rest at home nalang and he'll be the one collect the DVDs from Kris. But later on Kris told me he'll just send the DVD containing the raw video via LBC. Yey!! Can't wait!

We so love them!

Jay Says:


Rating:

5 Wands
Highly Recommended


Kris is very down to earth and makwento. Ok yung quality especially yung timing ng music and video.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, happy for you sis. After the wedding, photos and videos na lang ang natitira sa mag-asawa, so they better be good. Happy ako for you na ang ganda ng video. And if I may say again, ang taray ng tiara! Hehehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sis! True, photo and video nalang talaga ang matitira after the wedding kaya dapat magagaling ang PV suppliers. And I was happy with our choices! Oh yes, tiara kung tiara! haha! =)

      Delete
  2. Hello Kate! My videographer was Kris, too, and like you, I won his services sa W@W auction last year. :) Swerte natin, no?

    Mine was SDE lang with coverage, but I'm so happy with the output. Wala dapat kaming videographer since we splurged on our photog (Mimi+Karl), so I'm so happy I won the auction. And yes, quality work ang binigay nila kahit sobrang liit lang ng bayad. :)

    Congrats on your wedding! Di pa rin ako nakakagawa ng suppliers ratings ko, bad.

    ~Dea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dea, ikaw pala ang nanalo sa SDE coverage, congrats sis! Oo we're blessed sis kasi quality work ang binigay sa atin kahit kalahati sa original price ang price. Congratulations and best wishes to you and your hubby!

      Delete